The All-Time Family Favorite: French Toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread
- syrup or fruit toppings (optional)
- Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
- Put eggs, milk and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
- Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
- Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices or jam.
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.