Healthy Summer Dessert: Gingersnap Banana Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 6 gingersnap cookies or graham crackers, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup of your favorite nut variety (optional)
- Slice bananas and chop gingersnap cookies or graham crackers.
- Layer equal portions of frozen yogurt, chopped gingersnaps, bananas and nuts of your choice into 4 small dessert cups or glasses.
- Freeze until the yogurt is firm, at least 10 minutes. You could also stir in chopped gingersnaps or graham crackers, sliced bananas and toasted nuts into softened vanilla frozen yogurt for a quick, family-pleasing dessert.
The fun part about this frozen yogurt recipe is that you can customize toppings just like ice cream sundaes! Try adding other fruit like strawberries or even some dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.
Now Reading: Healthy Summer Dessert: Gingersnap Banana Frozen Yogurt
3 min read