Fall Flavors: Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- ½ cup of milk, non-fat
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ½ cup flour, all-purpose
(*Sub whole wheat flour to make muffins healthier!)
- ½ cup quick- cooking oats (uncooked)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple (tart, cored & chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place 6 cupcake holders in baking tin.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk and applesauce. Stir until blended.
- Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until moistened (do not over mix).
- Gently stir in the chopped apples.
- Spoon into cupcake holders.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving. Store unused portions in an airtight container.
Click Here to learn more about the benefits of apples and other healthy fall recipes at the USDA’s “What’s Cooking” website.
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.