Easy, Three-Step Fish Taco Recipe
- One 8-count package of (6-inch) soft wheat or corn tortillas
- 1 ½ pounds of skinless mahi-mahi (or tilapia) fillets
- ¼ cup of cornstarch for marinade base
- Add 1 tsp. of chili powder, lime juice, ginger and garlic
- Optional Toppings: chopped lettuce, salsa, diced onions, tomatoes or fresh cilantro
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients (cornstarch, chili powder, lime juice, ginger and garlic). Place the fish in a large resealable bag, add marinade, and seal the bag. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours.
- Remove the fish fillets from the bag and discard excess marinade. Over medium heat in a pan, cook until the fish is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the fish fillets to a platter and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Thinly slice and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
This dish only needs a few ingredients, so you can be creative with taco toppings! Try some cut up fruit in your salsa or a different variety of lettuce. You can even add the fish or chicken to a bed of chopped romaine with your favorite toppings to turn it into a taco salad.
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.