Delicious & Simple Chicken Fajitas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 4 low-carb whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook garlic, onion, and bell peppers 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Move to a plate. Add chicken and fajita seasoning; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- Return vegetables to skillet and cook 2 to 4 more minutes, or until heated through. Spread fajita mixture onto tortillas and serve immediately.
Nutrition per Serving
Protein: 21 g
Cholesterol: 36 mg
Total Fat: 4.6 g
Sodium: 574 mg
Total Carbs: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 14 g
Sugars: 4.2 g
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.