Comfort Food for Cold Fall Days: Beef Noodle Soup
- 4 oz beef, diced and cooked
- can chicken broth (low sodium)
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 oz, chopped or diced)
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ¼ cups noodles (narrow-width, uncooked)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Heat broth and water. Add vegetables, meat and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes
- Remove bay leaf and serve piping hot.
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.