Avocado Melon Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks (about 1 slice)
- 1/2 lime, juiced (1 1/2 tsp lime juice)
- 1 cup 8 oz milk (fat free)
- 1 cup fat-free yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup 100% apple juice or white grape juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit.
- Scoop out flesh, place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Serve cold. (Keeps well in refrigerator up to 24 hours. If made ahead, stir gently before pouring into glasses.)
Serve with one slice toasted whole-wheat bread.
for 1/4 of recipe
Total Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 170 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 46 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Total Sugars: 37 g
Added Sugars included: 4 g
Protein: 13 g
Vitamin D: 1 mcg
Calcium: 400 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Potassium: 550 mg
Need help with food costs? The Pennsylvania Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) may be able to help you and your family buy food needed for good health. To apply for SNAP, you can print and fill out the application form and mail it to your local office. You can also apply online. Visit the SNAP website for more information.